Florina Bandula is an attorney with strong work ethic and sense of compassion. When it comes to clients, she utilizes her skills and knowledge to zealously represent them. Florina prides herself on approaching every client’s case with the dedication and care she would offer to her nearest and dearest friends and family.
Florina originally joined MDR as a paralegal. As a member of the team, she gained valuable experience working closely with our lawyers – that is how she developed a passion for helping clients after a catastrophic injury. She attended law school while remarkably working full time for MDR until she obtained an externship with a federal judge. Florina returned to MDR as a law clerk at the end of the externship and was involved in a variety of cases, including medical malpractice, premises liability, product liability, construction litigation, and multidistrict litigation (MDL).
Born and raised in Romania, Florina earned her law degree from Loyola University School of Law in 2021. While in law school, Florina obtained an externship with the Hon. Judge Matthew F. Kennelly at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, where she was assigned a great deal of writing responsibilities, ranging from internal memoranda for the judge to first drafts of memorandum dispositions in pending civil cases. During law school, she also served as a legal extern in the office of U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Florina graduated law school cum laude and was one of the Associate Editors for the Loyola University Chicago International Law Review during her final year. She also received a CALI award for International Arbitration: Public and Private. Prior to law school, Florina graduated with honors from Roosevelt University with a B.A. in Criminal Justice.
While in her first year of practice, Florina has second chaired a Medical malpractice / Wrongful Death case resulting in a $2,670,000 verdict and successfully arbitrated several cases. The firm has shown incredible confidence in her abilities as she continues on her part to be a talented trial attorney. In her short career, Florina has helped the firm secure substantial verdicts and settlements for the clients:
- $2,922,000 Construction Negligence settlement for a painter who fell from a second floor landing due to lack of guardrails. The worker sustained fractures to his spine. He died of unrelated causes three years after his fall.
- $1,015,000 global settlement for a couple involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident after their vehicle was hit by a semi-truck.
- $508,000 settlement in a Dram Shop / Auto case involving a young woman who was passenger in a car.
- $500,000 settlement in a Medical Malpractice / Wrongful Death case for a 58 yr old man who committed suicide at home after being discharged from the hospital.
- $219,000 settlement in an Auto-Pedestrian case for a woman who sustained soft injuries after she was struck by a vehicle in the parking lot.
- $150,000 settlement in a Medical Malpractice case where the treating physicians failed to timely diagnose and treat an infection;
- $65,000 settlement in a Premises Liability case after a slip and fall incident.
Florina is fluent in English and Romanian, and conversational in Spanish.
- Northern District of Illinois
- Loyola University School of Law Chicago, J.D., Cum Laude, May 2021
- Roosevelt University, BA in Criminal Justice, with honors, May 2016
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Romanian Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois